Since I am taking part in the whole life challenge, drinking A LOT of water is part of it, even more than usual. So heres a recommendation for those who are also participating as well as those who are not as you should be drinking lots of water daily anyway.
Chlorophyll is a natural occurring molecule that gives plants that green colour. One of the most interesting aspects of chlorophyll is how closely it resembles our red blood cells, known as hemoglobin, the pigment that gives our blood its red color as well as oxygen-carrying capacity. The hemoglobin of the red blood cell and the chlorophyll of the plant are virtually identical in molecular structure, with the only difference being the center atom. So why am I suggesting you add this to your water intake, there are several reasons.
· it assists in removing toxins from the body by kicking your enzymes into action
· stabilizes the acid base in the body
· strengthens your bones – due to its high calcium, vitamin D & magnesium content
· strengthens your muscles – It aids in strengthening muscles by contracting and relaxing muscles in the body, this is possible due its large amount of magnesium
· accelerates healing process
· reduces inflammation – The body’s inflammatory process is a wonderful part of the immune system, designed to protect us from invading microbes, chemicals and allergens; physical trauma; and other threats both real and imagined however its not good to remain inflamed, Inflammation is a key cause or factor in almost all chronic degenerative and lifestyle diseases.
· keeps your skin glowing – It aids red blood cells in collecting oxygen and acts as a catalyst for the regeneration function of cells. It returns the “glow” to your skin by replacing dead cells with new ones
Chlorophyll can be found in liquid form with no flavour or you can also find ones with mint flavour. Personally I like the mint flavour, its nice and not overpowering.